Our Fellowship program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) as well as in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Specialties Matching Service (SMS). Interested applicants should apply via the common application form submitted through ERAS as soon as registration is available. We accept applications through October, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure all required documents are submitted. All applicants must register for the MATCH.
After receipt of a complete application, selected applicants will be invited for interviews with members of the faculty. Applicants will have the opportunity to meet current fellows as well as observe Didactic sessions. Applicants holding a J-1 or H1-B visa with an ECFMG certificate are eligible to apply. Applicants must complete three (3) years of residency training in the U.S. in either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine prior to starting our program.
The following materials are required for application into our program:
- Demographic Information (ERAS Application)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement: one or two pages. This statement should include a description of your career goals, your interests in geriatric medicine, and the reason why you have selected a particular training pathway.
- Three (3) Letters of Reference, including one from your Residency Program Director
- Copy of Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Copy of Medical School Transcript
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- USMLE Scores Report for Step 1, 2, and 3 or COMLEX-USA Score Report for Level 1, 2, and 3. Applicants must complete all requirements needed for either of the medical licensing examinations (listed above) prior to beginning fellowship.
Our ACGME accredited program accepts up to seven (7) fellows each year. We have additional positions available for interested applicants in a second year of training in our Advanced Fellowship Training Program (NON-ACGME accredited).